Alberta is the fourth most populated province in Canada. The Capital of the region is Edmonton, which is the central hub and supply of the crude oils. Calgary and Calgary region is the largest city and metro in Alberta province. The name Alberta placed after the Princess Louise Caroline Alberta. Alberta has the total area of about 661,848 km2 and considered to be the fourth largest province. English and French are the official languages spoken in Alberta province.
- Population of Alberta
- Area of Alberta Province
- Climatic Conditions
The indigenous people of Alberta are the Paleo-Indians lived before 10,000 years till the end of the ice age. After long years, these have evolved to various first nation groups, and their primary source of food is hunting and fishing.
After the exploration of the British, almost half of the province has become the territory of the British. At the start of the 18th century, the building of the trading post was finished. Peter Pond is the first explorer to travel various parts of the region. The southern part of the province is in control of the French and Spanish. Many battles have happened within the Europeans for the Fur trade. Later in 1882, the Alberta district was formed with Legislative Assembly.
The current population of the Alberta province is about 4,330,206. The estimated population of Alberta in 2019 (Q2) is 4,362,503. Based on the total population, Alberta ranks 4th in Canada. The population density ranges at a rate of 6.35/km2.
Since the 21st century, Alberta had a steady increase in the population. The main reasons are the high birth rate and immigration. The average median age is about 36.7 years as of 2016.
Only 19 percent of people live in the rural area of the Alberta province, and the remaining 81 percent of people live in the urban area of the region. Most popular Ethnic groups are English, German, Canadian, Scottish, Irish, French, Ukrainian, Dutch, Polish, North American Indian, Norwegian and Chinese. Also, more 19 % of people are visible minorities in Alberta.
24% of people follow the Roman Catholic religion, 7.5% follow the United Church of Canada, Anglican is 3.9%, and Lutherans are 3.3% of the population. Alberta is the second largest province with a large number of non-religious people composing of about 31.6%.
The total area of the Alberta province is about 661,848 km2. Among the entire area, 640,081 km2 of the region covered by the land and remaining 19,531 km2 covered by water. Based on the total area, Alberta ranks 6th in Canada.
Alberta province people speak English and French as their official language. More than 79 % of people speak English as their mother tongue. Other well-known languages spoken are Chinese (3.02%), followed by German (2.62%) and French (1.90%). Few other languages spoken are Punjabi (1.13%), Tagalog (0.92%), Ukrainian (0.91%), Spanish (0.90%), Polish (0.68%), Arabic (0.64%), Dutch (0.62%), and Vietnamese (0.60%).
The economy of the Alberta province is considered to be the most robust economy among the world. The major businesses are the petroleum industry, farming, and technology. In the year 2013, the GDP of Alberta is higher than any province of Canada or Norway or Switzerland, which is about C$84,390. Also, in 2006, the income of the median family in Alberta is about $70,986 after income taxes.
Alberta is the only province in Canada to have higher Economic freedom than any other region and second freest economy comparing both Canadian provinces and the United States of America. The growth of GDP is very steady and increasing promptly.
Alberta province extends about 1223 km from north to south and 660 km from east to west. The highest mountain present in Alberta is Mount Columbia, which has the height of 3,747 meters. Also, this province rich in lakes and river which gives advantages in fishing, swimming, and other water sports.
Some essential lakes and rivers are Lake Claire, Lake Athabasca, Athabasca River, Peace River, and Slave River. The snow forest covers the northern half of the province, and dense forest covers the southwestern part of Alberta.
Most region of the Alberta faces a humid continental climate with cold winter and mild summer. Arctic air from north reduces the temperature to a minus degree in winter varying from −54 °C to −46 °C. In summer the heat will around 32 °C to 40 °C.
- British Columbia Population
- Manitoba Population
- New Brunswick Population
- Newfoundland And Labrador Population
- Nova Scotia Population